a-JAYS Four earphone Review

a-JAYS Four earphone Review: "


Ok, so once more I’m sent yet, another Jay’s, the a-JAYS Four. You might recall I reviewed the a-JAYS Three awhile back and It’s pretty much the same as far as design but now it has a remote control within the flat cord and quite perfect for the iPad and all the more, the iPhone for users like myself who belong to the cult of Mac.


a-JAYS Four a-JAYS Four


Just like the previous models, it comes with various earbuds sizes for the obvious reasons and now, to actually test if it meets my requirements.


First, the length of this all black flat headphones is just right and i see that the remote in black and chrome color combo, matching my iPhone is perfectly situated a few inches down my ear, light, unobtrusive and yet within reach for me to be able to make the volume go soft and loud, rewind, go to the next song and answer calls on my iPhone 4.


a-JAYS Four


Is it easy to use? Let’s just say the short simplistic directions in the instruction booklet is easy enough for a 5yr.old to understand, let alone an adult and it works like a charm. Just 3 buttons to work with. It also allows you to use your voice commands on the iPhone 4 or 3. Sound quality during calls is not bad as well and is quite clear actually.


Now the most important part, the sound. This may be unorthodox but I won’t go into detail about the sound because just like the other a-JAYS, sound quality is very good, if not excellent and the balance between the highs and lows are that…balanced. Now, others may argue that it lacks this and that with certain types of music but I’ve tested this a-JAYS Four on house and techno tracks, indiepop and indierock tunes, bits of downtempo, ambient, lounge, jazz and even classical and well, it delivers that affectionate punch.


a-JAYS Four


Overall, another great product from JAYS, good progression from the last model and if you want to go a bit more high end as far as in-ear headphones for your iPod or iPad and iPhone, I’d say it’s value for “your” money. As for me, I’d willingly spend the Php4,499 for this baby but thankfully, I’m getting one a-JAYS’ Four for free! Right, JAYS people? Ok. Maybe not.


Editor’s note: This post is contributed by Toti Dalmacion of Terno Recordings (Up Dharma Down anyone?) with some slight revisions by the editor. Toti is a music freak of nature, observer of pop culture and the obscure, vinyl junkie and collector of good junk, public servant, purveyor of taste… music is his life. You can follow him on his Twitter.


Toti does not endorse JAYS earphones, he’s our resident audiophile and loves to try out different high-end cans out in the market today.


"

Comments