113th Philippine Independence Day

113th Philippine Independence Day: "
As mentioned a few posts ago, I attended the early morning celebration of the 113th Philippine Independence Day at Federation Square, Melbourne. The morning began with a gathering where we watched a video of important historical events in Philippines.

We then moved to the flag poles to raise the last Philippine flag up as we sang "Lupang Hinirang"(the Philippine's national anthem), and after that, I was given the privilege to lead "Panatang Makabayan"(the Philippine's oath of allegiance).



I wore this comfy sheer longsleeve top(which I got from my mum's closet) over 3 layers: of 2 Cotton On long sleeves and a singlet, with my old Topshop black skinny leg jeans and a black sparkly beret.
Oh! And these super cute pair of J. Maskrey for Melissa Couture- Night Sky Edition wedges(those are Swarovski diamonds on them)! Due to super duper cold temperature this morning--I'm talking 7 degrees Celsius cold--, my toes were painfully frozen and turning white! The shoes were comfy though :)


My family decided to head out for dinner tonight, not only to celebrate for Independence day, but also to take out my cousins' Italian exchange student who is staying with them until tomorrow night.

So I switched from a smart-casual attire to a more laid back look. I slipped on a white tee over my longsleeves and popped on my new Sportsgirl knitted jumper. Then wore my cute Forever 21 socks which have hearts on them, and my red Doc Martens.

Enough about what I wore. I just want to share how proud I am to be half Filipino. I have to confess, whenever people ask me for my nationality here the first thing out of 'Australian' and 'Filipino' that slips out of my mouth is, 'Filipino'. We, Filipinos, know who we are and have no need for other countries to try define us. We just need to work hand in hand in order to progress towards a better future.Mabuhay ang mga Pilipino at MALIGAYANG ARAW NG KALAYAAN.


"

Comments