TV-B-Gone Jacket

TV-B-Gone Jacket: "


Whenever I bring my TV-B-Gone out to restaurants, I look suspicious pointing it around. So I embedded the device into a jacket and turned it into a wearable TV silencer. For the switch, I sewed paths of conductive thread that become bridged by the metal zipper pull when it passes by. At the restaurant or bar, all I have to do is unzip my jacket to turn off the TV(s).


Subscribe to the CRAFT Podcast in iTunes, download the m4v video directly, or watch it on YouTube. Music by i am jen.


tvbgonejacketinsideboard.jpg


For this project you need:



  • Super TV-B-Gone Kit (available from Maker Shed)

  • conductive thread

  • jacket with metal zipper pull

  • sewing needle and regular thread

  • seam ripper (or very small scissors)

  • tailor’s chalk

  • soldering iron/solder

  • pliers

  • wire strippers

  • wire snips

  • insulated wire (stranded)

  • heat shrink tubing


Check out the complete a complete step-by-step tutorial for the previous version of this project, the TV-B-Gone Hoodie, over on Make: Projects.



More:


"

Comments