Where to have your iPhone’s broken LCD fixed?

Where to have your iPhone’s broken LCD fixed?:

I dropped my new iPhone4 straight on the pavement a couple of weeks ago and it suffered a hairline crack the the top corner of the LCD display. It wasn’t noticeable at first but soon became more prominent after I added a screen protector (yeah, too late).


Anyway, I went to iFixit last night and looked for an LCD replacement kit. The kit alone only costs $149 (not bad) and including the shipping to the Philippines, it was still all under $200.



So I decided to visit Greenhills today and check if maybe there’s a repair shop there that could get this sorted out. I kept my hopes to a minimum.


The first stop was the Gadget Doctor at the Theater Mall and after showing them the damage, quoted me Php3,500 for the replacement kit and repair.


In under 30 minutes, everything’s back like it’s new again. Also asked about my broken Macbook Air and they say they’ll have some parts shipped in soon but it will cost me around Php8k to Php9k for the whole display assembly. Not bad!




Related posts:

  1. The case of a broken Macbook Air

  2. Source of Gray Market iPhones

  3. Open Line iPhones at €999 euros

  4. ProBlogging Job: Fixed Pay or Revenue Share?

  5. Cost of Fixed Wireless Broadband dropped 90%



Comments