Slideshow: A Look Back at Anjelica Huston’s Modeling and Red-Carpet Photos

Slideshow: A Look Back at Anjelica Huston’s Modeling and Red-Carpet Photos:

To illustrate Anjelica Huston's February WSJ. feature, the magazine rounded up some archival photos of the actress from the sixties and seventies, including a shot of her with Jack Nicholson at the Oscars in 1975. In the accompanying profile, Huston discusses her modeling days ("Diana Vreeland was at Vogue, and she was great. She was always on my side, a great ally"), working with Halston ("We girls traveled in a pack and we called ourselves the Halstonettes: Elsa Peretti, Pat Cleveland, Karen Bjornson. There was a good deal of amusement"), and why she decided to quit the fashion world ("I knew that I wasn't going to work as a model in California the way I'd worked in New York. I wasn't a California girl; I knew I would never sell toothpaste"). See all the photos in our slideshow.


Read more posts by Charlotte Cowles


Filed Under:
wsj. magazine
,fashion goddesses
,anjelica huston
,cover girls
,halston



Comments