Karl Lagerfeld Tries to Rectify His Comment About Adele Being Fat

Karl Lagerfeld Tries to Rectify His Comment About Adele Being Fat:

Karl Lagerfeld responded to widespread criticism over his comments that Adele "is a little too fat," only he didn't really clarify anything at all. He tells Metro World News:



I’d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought. What I said was in relation to Lana Del Rey and the sentence has since been taken out of context from how it was originally published. I actually prefer Adele, she is my favorite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos over 10 years ago and have kept it off. I know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl. She is the best. And I can’t wait for her next CD.



No part of his original statement made it seem like he preferred Lana Del Rey to Adele, so that's a wash. And it wasn't the press that said anything about Adele's weight, it was Lagerfeld himself. Personally, we prefer Karl when he's discussing "quickies."


Related:
Karl Lagerfeld Addresses His Sex Life (or Lack Thereof)
Karl Lagerfeld Calls Adele Fat, Loves the Obamas, and Says Something Weird About Pregnant Women


Read more posts by Charlotte Cowles


Filed Under:
karl lagerfeld
,designers
,adele
,weighty issues
,the karl of it all



Comments