Watch With eBay App Wants You Shop While You Watch TV

Watch With eBay App Wants You Shop While You Watch TV: Screen shot 2012-03-14 at 8.53.15 AM
Despite how much I try to cut back on it, there’s never really a time when I’m not bouncing my attention between different screens. Even when I’m trying to zone out in front of a television, I’m struck with a compulsive urge to hit Wikipedia or IMDB to see what else that one strangely familiar actor in the background has been in.
As it turns out, the folks over at eBay see a lot of potential in people
with short attention spans
like me. Though it was once just a part of their iPad app, eBay has rolled their Watch with eBay feature into an app of its own meant to put shopping opportunities in front of people who can’t just focus on one thing at a time.
Here’s how it works: once installed, pop your zip code into the app and select your cable provider. From there, the app determines your location and displays a listing of TV shows playing at that moment. If you’re feeling the e-commerce love, you can jump into the entry for the show you’re watching and browse through all of the listings on eBay that tie into your show of choice. Also in the mix is a tie-in with eBay’s Celebrity shopping portal, which lets users buy stuff from featured celebrities with the proceeds going to charity. Aww.
If you needed yet another opportunity to load up on Doctor Who or Kitchen Nightmares swag without having to leave your seat, the app is live in the App Store now. I doubt I’ll be there with you though — trust me, I buy way too much TV-related crap as it is.




Comments