You Can Let Your Guard Down: Ask Noah

You Can Let Your Guard Down: Ask Noah:
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.


NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Q: Whenever I am dating a woman, I always feel the need to be the one in control. I tend to be very guarded. Conversations seem to always be about my superficial stuff, then the relationship usually ends, and I never really form a solid connection. I have begun to date someone I really care for, and would love to see this pattern change. But I'm a little scared about being more open. Thanks for taking the time to help.






There are real risks in trusting another enough to let your guard down.





A: There are real risks in trusting another enough to let your guard down, to let them see all facets of you and perhaps to even let them take care of you. What if they disappoint you? What if they can't give you all you need? These are painful questions to explore. Asking will absolutely bring up unfamiliar and sometimes anxiety-provoking feelings. The key is to not let fear stop your progress or halt you from taking action. By writing to me, you have taken the first step to ensure this does not happen.

...

Comments