Wot I Think: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Wot I Think: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion:
sssssssspppppppppaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCEEE

The boys at RPS needed somebody who knew about rebellions for this review, so they called me in because I am Northern Irish and I once shot a gun. I thought, “This will be easy because it is a game about rebellion. There is even ‘rebellion’ in the title.” And then I discovered it was a game about SPACE rebellion, which is completely outside of my knowledge because I have not been into space even once. I thought, “I am in trouble now because I am not good at being in space.” I am currently playing a pen and paper role-playing campaign set in space. The character I rolled is so traumatised by life in space that every time there is a “stressful situation” he has to roll to see how he reacts. If I roll a one, I have to go through a psychotic breakdown.
I am not good at being in space. And here’s wot i think of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.

(more…)

Comments