Heavy Metal: MechWarrior Online’s Hunchback

Heavy Metal: MechWarrior Online’s Hunchback:
There's a part in the trailer where the Hunchback appears to be out in the forest having a nice little frolic, but it didn't screenshot well. You have no idea how much this depresses me.
The concept of a giant robot so giant that it makes all the other giant robots seem like adorable little rhinos appeals to me, I think, on a very fundamental, perhaps even instinctual level. As someone who is neither giant nor (to my knowledge) a robot, I somewhat fancy the idea of striking spine-tingling, fight-or-flight-invoking fear into someone with my mere presence. And MechWarrior Online‘s Hunchback, thankfully, looks to offer me a chance to take the reins on that particular fantasy. According to Piranha, this ‘bot tips the scales (by which I of course mean all of them at once) at 50 tons – 20 percent of which is armor, and the rest of which is probably guns. See it perform incredible feats of moving at all after the break.
(more…)


Comments