ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 Takes The ‘End’ Out Of Endgame

ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 Takes The ‘End’ Out Of Endgame:
Wait, they told me this is where I'd find the whale buffet. Well damn. This is awkward.
I am a shameful, loathsome creature. Unlike the rest of the world, I’m not even within awkward-glancing-because-you-think-it’s-someone-you-know-but-you’re-not-entirely-sure distance of Guild Wars 2‘s level cap yet. On some level, though, I think I only feel bad because other MMOs have taught me to feel bad. Moreso than just about any other MMO to date, ArenaNet’s latest gingerly ties the carrot to a stick, sets the treadmill on low (with only a bit of incline), and funnels a syrupy slick of smooth jazz through the loudspeakers. “Relax,” it says in a soothing growl. “Take your time.” And that, explains ArenaNet, was a very intentional design goal – which is why Guild Wars 2′s endgame, well, isn’t.
(more…)

Comments