Puno steps down to give Roxas ‘free hand’

Puno steps down to give Roxas ‘free hand’:

Puno steps down to give Roxas ‘free hand’


MANILA, Philippines – Beleaguered Interior Undersecretary Rico Puno voluntarily stepped down from his post to give incoming Interior Secretary Manuel “Mar” Roxas a free hand to form a new team.



“I believe that I have carried out my assigned duties to the best of my ability,” Puno said in a statement released in Malacañang Tuesday.



“Moving forward, I have resigned as DILG undersecretary to support the President’s decision to give a free hand to the incoming secretary in forming a new team,” he said.



“I wish to thank President Benigno Aquino for his trust and confidence in giving me an opportunity to serve our country and people...

Keep on reading: Puno steps down to give Roxas ‘free hand’

Comments