Anne Hathaway Talks Wedding Fun and Playing Fantine in Vogue

Anne Hathaway Talks Wedding Fun and Playing Fantine in Vogue:



Anne Hathaway posed for photographer Annie Leibovitz for a feature in Vogue's December issue. She's promoting her upcoming holiday release, Les Misérables, and also sat with the cast, including Hugh Jackman, for a spread. Anne is focused on her film after getting married to Adam Shulman in September. She talked about playing the dramatic part of Fantine and also shared details on her wedding and new husband in the magazine. Here's more from Anne Hathaway in Vogue:

  • On her wedding: "Oh, my God, I had a blast. Our friends stayed and partied and danced till really late."

  • On her Les Mis audition: "I knew that someone was going to have to go in there and do something pretty special to unseat me. Sometimes you leave a room and you feel like maybe you've left the door open a crack. This time, I knew that I had slammed it shut behind me."

  • On transitioning from her character back to real life: "I was in such a state of deprivation - physical and emotional. When I got home, I couldn't react to the chaos of the world without being overwhelmed. It took me weeks till I felt like myself again. The first time I really threw everything into a part, which was when I did Rachel Getting Married, there was no one waiting for me when I got back. This time, Adam was there. He gets what I do and who I am and supports me in it, and that's pretty awesome."




View Slideshow ›

Comments