Perhaps Ignoring Far Cry 3′s Multiplayer Was A Mistake

Perhaps Ignoring Far Cry 3′s Multiplayer Was A Mistake:
Yeah, sure, this reproduction of Battlefield's Wake Island is cool, but now everyone's just going to play Dust all the time.
Far Cry 3 has multiplayer. Or at least, I’m relatively certain it does. I am, you see, somewhat guilty of scampering into single-player’s wide open jungles – like a frightened tapir who doesn’t want to become a backpack – seconds after start-up. I honestly haven’t touched multiplayer in spite of my near-obsessive love for Ubisoft’s wild, wild wilderness rumpus, but I now have a strong reason to reconsider. While the mode selection’s fairly standard on the whole, the powerfully robust map editor is anything but. Case in point: these brilliantly faithful recreations of classic maps from all across the magical gaming kingdom. Have a nice mid-morning gawk about each place after the break.
(more…)


Comments