Jessica Simpson Shows Skin in Hawaii and Talks "Sophisticated" Style

Jessica Simpson Shows Skin in Hawaii and Talks "Sophisticated" Style:



Jessica Simpson covered her growing stomach with a low-cut caftan yesterday when she left a restaurant in Oahu. She grabbed lunch with a group of friends, including her fiancé, Eric Johnson, then stopped at a roadside stand to shop for souvenirs. Eric picked up a decorative item carved from wood. Jess and Eric are enjoying the end of their Hawaiian vacation. Eric, Jessica, and their daughter, Maxwell passed both Christmas and New Year's on the island, and spent much of their getaway in the company of Jess's sister, Ashlee, nephew Bronx, and mom Tina. Now, they're keeping company with friends like CaCee Cobb and her new husband, Donald Faison.
While in Hawaii, Jessica and Eric confirmed the news that they're expecting a big brother or sister to their 8-month-old daughter, Maxwell. Jessica recently spoke about their expanding family. Jessica Simpson talked motherhood with People, and opened up about how life with a baby has affected her style, her work and life balance, and even how she views Eric. Here are highlights:

  • On watching Eric as a dad: "It is the sexiest thing in the world to watch how he handles [Maxwell]. We're both learning together, but it's fun because we both get to grow in our relationship together."

  • On work taking her away from Maxwell: "On some of the days of Fashion Star, I'm awake before [she] is awake, and I'm not home until she's already back to sleep. . . . That's only happened about four times, but it makes the day awful. I definitely need to see my baby. I get really sad if I don't get to see her. And then when Maxwell sees me, she just stares at me and touches my face. I can tell she missed me. That breaks my heart."

  • On how motherhood's affected her style: "I find myself going for more sophisticated looks, but I do think that's kind of trendy right now - just a classier-looking woman. I love to show off my curves, but being a mom, I guess I do it in a little bit more classy way, even though for Halloween I was a milkmaid - but there are moments."




View Slideshow ›

Comments